US: New executives for SmartBargains
Online low-price retailer SmartBargains has announced the appointment of two new vice presidents to its executive team.
Shari Shakun joins the company as vice president, general merchandise manager of softlines, and will be responsible for overseeing merchandise buying, planning and expansion for the company's softlines, including apparel and footwear.
She joins from TJX Companies, where she held several senior buying and merchandising positions, and has more than 17 years' industry experience.
Corina Roth is SmartBargains' new vice president, general merchandise manager of home, joining from Boscov's Department Stores, where she spent 18 years in various buying and merchandising positions.
"We are delighted to announce the additions of two seasoned retail executives to our company," said Bart Litvin, chief merchandising officer of SmartBargains.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts