UK: New Fabrics With A Cosmetic Connection
Welbeck is a specialist warp knitter that concentrates on servicing the lingerie trade in which it is particularly celebrated for its mesh fabrics. Recently, however, the company has been looking to expand into the active sportswear market using microfiber polyester blends with Lycra to give a figure moulding finish. It is also experimenting with blends of Tactel with Lycra. To date, the principal outlet for these double face fabrics, which have an in-built wicking action to carry moisture away from the centers where sweat is most likely to be produced during vigorous exercise, have been specialist producers of garments for aerobics enthusiasts, particularly sleek fitting crop tops and matching footless tights.
Meanwhile outdoor sports enthusiasts will increasingly be seeking out garments with the Thermostat brand mark denoting cloths with in-built temperature regulating mechanisms which currently form part of the M Sport collection from Milor, which earlier this year found itself in the fashion limelight at the spring Premiere Vision when it introduced a men's wear range using ultra fine threads of stainless steel as a component.
At same event Milor produced a range of piece dyed fabrics combining an ultra-fine silk warp with a Lycra/cotton weft which, two months on, is reported to be one of the company's best selling spring 2000 introductions.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Brazilian beachwear is becoming more and more popular abroad, and for the first time is showing a more sophisticated side. Sapna Arora reports....
Première Vision remains the active, innovative and creative face of the global textile industry, and the latest show in September was no exception says Sapna Arora. The traditional textile strongholds...
The Turkish denim industry has many competitive advantages in the international market, particularly in terms of its quality, extensive product range and designs. Denim accounts for 30 per cent of Tur...
Under the banners of 'Focusing on Innovation' and 'Face Your Visions - Discover the Future of Clothing,' the Techtextil and Avantex exhibitions and symposiums were held in tandem in Frankfurt earlier ...
Italian tanners are working hard to compete in an increasingly competitive international market. The latest Lineapelle showcased a wealth of attractive, colourful, richly detailed leathers for summer ...
Protective equestrian wear brand Airowear is entering the rugby apparel sector with a new collection of protective apparel....
Fibers Mexico, an affiliate of fibre giant Invista, has bought Alfa's stake in its apparel business facility in Monterrey, Mexico. The financial terms of the sale were not disclosed....
A breakthrough fabric that incorporates the advantages of performance fabrics into cotton has been launched by Delta Galil Industries Ltd....
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts