UK: New Fabrics With A Cosmetic Connection
The worlds of toiletries and fashion fabrics converge in the latest ranges issued by Welbeck Fabrics - which not only include cloths with micro-encapsulated fragrances but with skin softening aloe vera gels as well. To underline the cosmetics connection, many of these new season's fabrics are dyed to skin tone shades ranging from creamy white through to the taupes of the permanent suntan favored by international jet-setters.Welbeck is a specialist warp knitter that concentrates on servicing the lingerie trade in which it is particularly celebrated for its mesh fabrics. Recently, however, the company has been looking to expand into the active sportswear market using microfiber polyester blends with Lycra to give a figure moulding finish. It is also experimenting with blends of Tactel with Lycra. To date, the principal outlet for these double face fabrics, which have an in-built wicking action to carry moisture away from the centers where sweat is most likely to be produced during vigorous exercise, have been specialist producers of garments for aerobics enthusiasts, particularly sleek fitting crop tops and matching footless tights. Meanwhile outdoor sports enthusiasts will increasingly be seeking out garments with the Thermostat brand mark denoting cloths with in-built temperature regulating mechanisms which currently form part of the M Sport collection from Milor, which earlier this year found itself in the fashion limelight at the spring Premiere Vision when it introduced a men's wear range using ultra fine threads of stainless steel as a component.At same event Milor produced a range of piece dyed fabrics combining an ultra-fine silk warp with a Lycra/cotton weft which, two months on, is reported to be one of the company's best selling spring 2000 introductions.Links:http://www.dupont.com.tactel
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020