CHINA: New factory to up Hytex capacity by 42%
Clothing maker Hytex Integrated said it will up its production capacity by 42% when it opens a new Chinese factory in November.
The new production plant is situated in Taichang which is about 50km from Shanghai.
When the factory starts up, the company's total manufacturing capacity will total 1.7m pieces monthly compared to 1.2m now.
Soo said the expansion will also help the business's relationship with customers including Nike.
Hytex currently makes garments at factories in Malaysia and Cambodia.
Niki Tait reports on the recent International Textile Institute Conference in Sri Lanka, where around 170 delegates heard research papers from textile and apparel university departments around the wor...
Nike raced to higher earnings in the third quarter on strength in many of its international operations and despite quarterly and year-to-date declines in the profitability of its US region....
Athletic footwear maker Pony International has appointed former Nike and American Sporting Goods executive Kevin Wulff as its new chief executive officer....
Samuel Sato, a 22-year veteran of Nordstrom, has joined The Finish Line in the new post of executive vice president and chief merchandise officer. He reports to Glenn Lyon, president of Finish Line....
Wheeled footwear maker Heelys Inc has tapped three new vice presidents to help the continued growth of the company. They are Will Albers as vice president of sourcing/asia operations, Bob Byrne as vic...
Adidas Group will seek arbitration over a contract to be the official supplier to the German Football Association, following a EUR500m (US$660m) rival offer from Nike....
Intimate apparel maker Delta Galil Industries Ltd on Wednesday (14 March) said it swung to a profit in the fourth quarter and full year, but warned that price erosion and increased competition are lik...
Greg Dinges has joined Nike Inc as vice president of corporate development and chief financial officer of the company's Affiliate Brands Group....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report