USA: New Generation Computing Names Retail Sales Director
Burstein has more than 10 years' experience working with design and sourcing professionals at major US retailers on the production of private-label apparel. He will oversee New Generation Computing's retail sales initiatives for e-SPS, the company's web-based supply-chain-management software.
"We've added Mark to meet the increased demand for e-SPS from retailers," said Alan Brooks, president of New Generation Computing. "As more retail companies are manufacturing all or some of the sewn products that they sell, they're facing the same supply chain management issues that apparel manufacturers have for years."
Prior to joining New Generation Computing, Burstein was president of Caribbean Apparel Associates (CAA), a Miami-based clothing manufacturer with factories in Colombia and Mexico. At CAA, he oversaw all operations, including the company's development of Missy and Junior Sportswear for large national specialty store chains and mass-market retailers.
Before this, Burstein was executive vice president of sales for Miami-based PIBA Industries, a manufacturer of intimate apparel. He also worked as a systems designer for Andersen Consulting.
Companies: New Generation Computing
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Apparel and home goods company Blair has chosen software company New Generation Computing's web-based sourcing and production system e-SPS to help streamline its global sourcing and production of appa...
Wilsons The Leather Experts has selected New Generation Computing (NGC's) product lifecycle management technology e-PDM, Internet Product Development Manager, completing its end-to-end product lifecyc...
Retailer A|X Armani Exchange has selected New Generation Computing Inc's web-based PLM and production tracking system, e-SPS, to streamline and integrate product development and global sourcing....
Clothing producer Greco Apparel Inc has selected New Generation Computing Inc's enterprise-resource-planning system RedHorse to help it increase speed to market, reduce costs, manage by exception and ...
- Wage abuses can’t be eliminated by software and PR
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Target Corp, Foot Locker
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Adidas unveils "revolutionary" marathon shoe
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022