SWITZERLAND: New Gretag Printer Fit For Mass-Customisation
Gretag Professional Imaging today announced the Carolina Textile Press, a piezo-based, six-color inkjet printer that uses a dye sublimation process for textile applications. The Carolina is the next product in Gretag Professional Imaging's "Purpose-Built Printers" strategy to deliver application-specific products for the large format graphics printing market.Developed by Raster Graphics, now a member of Gretag Professional Imaging, the Carolina is built on the same platform that produced the Arizona Digital Screen Press, the successful production inkjet printer. With a print speed of up to 180 square feet per hour and six-color printing for higher apparent resolution output, the Carolina is ideal for mass customization of soft goods, such as garments, flags, banners, table coverings, exhibit awnings, sample strike-offs, and transit decor; or for transfer to select rigid materials such as tile and ceramics.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- US Q4 in brief – Dillard's, Macy's, Walmart
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar