USA: New Head For Footlocker.com
Venator Group, Inc (NYSE: Z), the New York-based athletic specialty retailer, today announced the promotion of Thomas J Slover to CEO of Footlocker.com, its direct-to-customer athletic footwear and apparel business. Mr. Slover's previous position was vice president of worldwide sourcing, which he has held since 1997. He will report to Dale W Hilpert, Venator Group's chairman and CEO."We will continue to develop our Internet business using the athletic industry leadership position of our 3,200 domestic retail stores and catalog operations in combination with our e-commerce business. Tom has proven that he has the management and merchandising skills to lead Footlocker.com to achieve this potential," said Dale W Hilpert. Mr Slover has 23 years of specialty retailing experience including buying, sourcing, planning and allocation, and retail systems development.Footlocker.com Inc, a subsidiary of Venator Group, operates six e-commerce sites, FootLocker.com, KidsFootLocker.com, LadyFootLocker.com, ChampsSports.com, Eastbay.com and NFLShop.com, the official store of the National Football League, and multiple athletic catalogs through its affiliates, including Eastbay.Venator Group is a diversified global retailer that operates over 4,500 retail stores in North America, Europe and Australia. Its athletic group of specialty retail stores include Foot Locker, Lady Foot Locker, Kids Foot Locker and Champs Sports, as well as its Internet/direct marketer Footlocker.com/Eastbay. Other specialty retail chains include the Northern Group of apparel stores.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar