USA: New Head For Footlocker.com
Venator Group, Inc (NYSE: Z), the New York-based athletic specialty retailer, today announced the promotion of Thomas J Slover to CEO of Footlocker.com, its direct-to-customer athletic footwear and apparel business. Mr. Slover's previous position was vice president of worldwide sourcing, which he has held since 1997. He will report to Dale W Hilpert, Venator Group's chairman and CEO."We will continue to develop our Internet business using the athletic industry leadership position of our 3,200 domestic retail stores and catalog operations in combination with our e-commerce business. Tom has proven that he has the management and merchandising skills to lead Footlocker.com to achieve this potential," said Dale W Hilpert. Mr Slover has 23 years of specialty retailing experience including buying, sourcing, planning and allocation, and retail systems development.Footlocker.com Inc, a subsidiary of Venator Group, operates six e-commerce sites, FootLocker.com, KidsFootLocker.com, LadyFootLocker.com, ChampsSports.com, Eastbay.com and NFLShop.com, the official store of the National Football League, and multiple athletic catalogs through its affiliates, including Eastbay.Venator Group is a diversified global retailer that operates over 4,500 retail stores in North America, Europe and Australia. Its athletic group of specialty retail stores include Foot Locker, Lady Foot Locker, Kids Foot Locker and Champs Sports, as well as its Internet/direct marketer Footlocker.com/Eastbay. Other specialty retail chains include the Northern Group of apparel stores.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Next books first FY profit fall in eight years
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing