US: New Infor M3 release focuses on speed and flexibility
Infor says the latest version of its ERP business application software is its "biggest release" in ten years, with new features tailored to a number of key industries including fashion.
The new accelerator pack also makes Infor M3 faster to deploy, as major functional enhancements can be added without the need to install an entirely new version of the software.
The release is the first Infor ERP application within the recently launched Infor 10x suite, and includes access to the company's social, mobile, analytics and cloud technologies. There are also plans to incorporate the new Infor Ming.le platform for social collaboration.
Functional improvements include alignment of payment terms to customer order lines, better allocation of discounts, clearer management of mark-ups, markdowns and exclusions, improved backorder prevention, simplified processing of kits, and enhancements in item replacement capabilities in order entry.
The finance interface is easier to use, while inventory management sees improved statistics on demand status, enhanced ability to update items, user defined lot numbering rules, and lots with multiple statuses.
Specifically for fashion businesses are enhancements to the e-commerce platform such as showroom ordering, style visibility, lookbook, season orders and greater configurability.
"Crucially for both existing and new customers, the latest application has the infrastructure base to enable future new functionality to be implemented without the need for a major upgrade project," notes John Gledhill, global director, Infor M3 product management.
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam