US: New Infor M3 release focuses on speed and flexibility
Infor says the latest version of its ERP business application software is its "biggest release" in ten years, with new features tailored to a number of key industries including fashion.
The new accelerator pack also makes Infor M3 faster to deploy, as major functional enhancements can be added without the need to install an entirely new version of the software.
The release is the first Infor ERP application within the recently launched Infor 10x suite, and includes access to the company's social, mobile, analytics and cloud technologies. There are also plans to incorporate the new Infor Ming.le platform for social collaboration.
Functional improvements include alignment of payment terms to customer order lines, better allocation of discounts, clearer management of mark-ups, markdowns and exclusions, improved backorder prevention, simplified processing of kits, and enhancements in item replacement capabilities in order entry.
The finance interface is easier to use, while inventory management sees improved statistics on demand status, enhanced ability to update items, user defined lot numbering rules, and lots with multiple statuses.
Specifically for fashion businesses are enhancements to the e-commerce platform such as showroom ordering, style visibility, lookbook, season orders and greater configurability.
"Crucially for both existing and new customers, the latest application has the infrastructure base to enable future new functionality to be implemented without the need for a major upgrade project," notes John Gledhill, global director, Infor M3 product management.
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- New fibre and fabric innovations for outdoor wear
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- US West Coast port contract reached
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide