FRANCE: New Lectra Fashion PLM V3R3 boosts collaboration
Technology firm Lectra has updated its Fashion PLM tool with "significant improvements" for collaboration and transparency, both of which are "prerequisites for business growth," the company says.
"Integrating design and product development talent seamlessly into the fashion and apparel organisation allows companies to explore new territory, in terms of increased creativity and improved efficiency," says Daniel Harari, Lectra CEO.
"Lectra Fashion PLM V3R3 supports teamwork by privileging visual communication and sharing at each step of the development process," adds Anastasia Charbin, Lectra fashion marketing director.
"We have drastically improved the user experience to remove roadblocks to collaboration. We are looking to cater to the needs of both the creative and technical personalities found within a fashion or apparel company."
The new Lectra Fashion PLM V3R3 connects teams to the product development ecosystem from the beginning of the product conceptualisation stage.
Users can create and share information visually, from style to technical data, without leaving their native environment, through a common platform and a unique file.
"Creative and technical designers can add product specification information directly from Adobe Illustrator, reducing the time usually spent on file management and minimising the risk of working on an old version of a file," Charbin explains.
"Bringing creative designers, technical designers, and product developers into Lectra Fashion PLM favours teamwork, while both respecting each contributor's work preferences and helping them perform tasks with tools they already know well.
"We have taken great care to keep the user experience as aligned to Adobe Illustrator as possible and to fit Lectra Fashion PLM seamlessly into this environment."
Other new improvements include a deeper integration of Lectra's 3D virtual product sampling so that design and product development teams can work collaboratively by visualising the style virtually in 3D.
They can review several design options, check fit for multiple sizes and work on modifications by adding annotations to 3D snapshots. They can also use live messaging.
This collaborative platform also enables extended teams to have direct access to this shared information, and get the same level of information, in real-time - helping to speed decision-making.
Product lifecycle management (PLM) systems provide increasingly sophisticated tools for getting the right products to market at the right time - with current trends including more integration with ERP...
The last few years have seen tremendous changes in the technological landscape of product lifecycle management (PLM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems. Yet the software has evolved rapidl...
The last few years have seen tremendous changes in the technological landscape of 'product lifecycle management' (PLM) and 'enterprise resource planning' (ERP) systems....
This report includes new information on the latest developments in: cosmetotextiles; e-commerce technology; environmentally friendly apparel, fibres, and finishing treatments; fabrics for performance ...
Chinese footwear company Aokang is adopting Lectra Fashion PLM to increase visibility and control over its supply chain....
Software company Visual 2000 International has launched a new combination web application, web mobile landing page, and QR code generator, for what it calls its best of breed Visual PLM.net product su...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report