UK: New Look buying and merchandising director exits
New Look buying and merchandising director Philip Walker has left the value fashion retailer after less than a year in the post, according to sources close to the company.
Walker, who joined the business as group sourcing and menswear director in October 2011, has held the role of buying and merchandise director for nine months.
New Look declined to comment when contacted by just-style today (13 February).
The fashion retailer earlier this week recorded a double-digit hike in third-quarter earnings to GBP135.7m (USS$222.8m), driven by strong online growth and higher Christmas sales.
Canadean's "New Look Retail Group Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company over...
More than 200 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
New look is considered as one of the UK’s top value retailers for the under 35 year-olds, offering fast fashion-led collections at very affordable prices. New Look had over 600 stores in the UK as of ...
As the mind-set of the recession continues, women’s outerwear is responding by heavily promoting good value, with brands such as Primark, F&F, George, New Look, H&M and Sainsbury’s women’s Tu range, a...
Footwear continued to grow in 2012, up 3% in current value and 2% in volume terms in 2012. The Olympic rush and sporting upsurge partially drove footwear value sales in the UK and inflation on leather...
- Myanmar - right time, right place, new challenges
- 3D printing gears up for fashion industry change
- Apparel working conditions linked to profit
- Cutting pollution saves China textile mills money
- Adidas worker hotline bridges communication gap
- China cotton imports to rise as Xinjiang cuts crop
- Crystal first China licensee of RevoLaze tech
- Thailand project to vertically integrate clothing
- Cambodia growth to slow on competition and cost
- Dick's Sporting Goods updates on strategy