UK: New Look chairman McGeorge to depart
New Look non-executive chairman Alistair McGeorge is to step down after three years at the value fashion retailer.
McGeorge, who was appointed as executive chairman of the group in May 2011, will leave at the end of May to pursue other opportunities.
Prior to New Look, he served as chief executive at out-of-town fashion and homeware retailer Matalan, and previously held various roles at Littlewoods/Shop Direct, latterly as CEO.
New Look founder and executive director, Tom Singh, will become interim non-executive chairman until a permanent successor is appointed.
Commenting on the move, CEO Anders Kristiansen said McGeorge "has been an instrumental part of the transformation of the company over the past three years".
More than 160 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
Canadean's "New Look Retail Group Limited : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a co...
New look is considered as one of the UK’s top value retailers for the under 35 year-olds, offering fast fashion-led collections at very affordable prices. New Look had over 600 stores in the UK as of ...
As the mind-set of the recession continues, women’s outerwear is responding by heavily promoting good value, with brands such as Primark, F&F, George, New Look, H&M and Sainsbury’s women’s Tu range, a...
Footwear continued to grow in 2012, up 3% in current value and 2% in volume terms in 2012. The Olympic rush and sporting upsurge partially drove footwear value sales in the UK and inflation on leather...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies