UK: New Look chairman McGeorge to depart
New Look non-executive chairman Alistair McGeorge is to step down after three years at the value fashion retailer.
McGeorge, who was appointed as executive chairman of the group in May 2011, will leave at the end of May to pursue other opportunities.
Prior to New Look, he served as chief executive at out-of-town fashion and homeware retailer Matalan, and previously held various roles at Littlewoods/Shop Direct, latterly as CEO.
New Look founder and executive director, Tom Singh, will become interim non-executive chairman until a permanent successor is appointed.
Commenting on the move, CEO Anders Kristiansen said McGeorge "has been an instrumental part of the transformation of the company over the past three years".
Canadean's "New Look Retail Group Limited : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a co...
Some 190 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in 2013....
Canadean's "New Look Retail Group Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company over...
New look is considered as one of the UK’s top value retailers for the under 35 year-olds, offering fast fashion-led collections at very affordable prices. New Look had over 600 stores in the UK as of ...
Footwear continued to grow in 2012, up 3% in current value and 2% in volume terms in 2012. The Olympic rush and sporting upsurge partially drove footwear value sales in the UK and inflation on leather...
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Outlook 2015: What keeps you awake at night?
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Adidas and Timberland commit to responsible down
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024