UK: New Look chairman McGeorge to depart
New Look non-executive chairman Alistair McGeorge is to step down after three years at the value fashion retailer.
McGeorge, who was appointed as executive chairman of the group in May 2011, will leave at the end of May to pursue other opportunities.
Prior to New Look, he served as chief executive at out-of-town fashion and homeware retailer Matalan, and previously held various roles at Littlewoods/Shop Direct, latterly as CEO.
New Look founder and executive director, Tom Singh, will become interim non-executive chairman until a permanent successor is appointed.
Commenting on the move, CEO Anders Kristiansen said McGeorge "has been an instrumental part of the transformation of the company over the past three years".
Canadean's "New Look Retail Group Limited : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a co...
New look is considered as one of the UK’s top value retailers for the under 35 year-olds, offering fast fashion-led collections at very affordable prices. New Look had over 600 stores in the UK as of ...
As the mind-set of the recession continues, women’s outerwear is responding by heavily promoting good value, with brands such as Primark, F&F, George, New Look, H&M and Sainsbury’s women’s Tu range, a...
Footwear continued to grow in 2012, up 3% in current value and 2% in volume terms in 2012. The Olympic rush and sporting upsurge partially drove footwear value sales in the UK and inflation on leather...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details