UK: New Look chairman McGeorge to depart
New Look non-executive chairman Alistair McGeorge is to step down after three years at the value fashion retailer.
McGeorge, who was appointed as executive chairman of the group in May 2011, will leave at the end of May to pursue other opportunities.
Prior to New Look, he served as chief executive at out-of-town fashion and homeware retailer Matalan, and previously held various roles at Littlewoods/Shop Direct, latterly as CEO.
New Look founder and executive director, Tom Singh, will become interim non-executive chairman until a permanent successor is appointed.
Commenting on the move, CEO Anders Kristiansen said McGeorge "has been an instrumental part of the transformation of the company over the past three years".
Canadean's "New Look Retail Group Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company over...
New look is considered as one of the UK’s top value retailers for the under 35 year-olds, offering fast fashion-led collections at very affordable prices. New Look had over 600 stores in the UK as of ...
As the mind-set of the recession continues, women’s outerwear is responding by heavily promoting good value, with brands such as Primark, F&F, George, New Look, H&M and Sainsbury’s women’s Tu range, a...
Finnish department store retailer Stockmann Group is to pull its Lindex fashion chain out of Russia, citing the insecure outlook for the market, by closing 19 of the brand's stores across the country....
Men’s outerwear reported current value growth of 3% in 2012 compared to 2% in 2011. The total value increased to £10.3 billion in 2012 from around £10 billion in 2011. The contributory factors which a...
- M&S to launch supply chain human rights policy
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- VF pushes ahead on chemicals management
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- China cotton stockpile auction may shake up market
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- C&A to add "accurate fit" label to garments
- US retail landscape "mediocre" over next 5 years