UK: New Look COO Kernan to join White Company
New Look chief operating officer Will Kernan is leaving the UK apparel retailer to join the White Company as its chief executive.
Kernan has been with New Look for 12 years and will leave in the new year. He will replace Patricia Alford-Burnett when she steps down in Spring 2012.
Commenting on the move, New Look executive chairman Alistair George said: "I and the rest of the Board would like to thank Will for the contribution he has made to New Look during his time in the business. We wish him all the best in his new role."
White Company founder Chrissie Rucker said: "We are delighted that Will is joining us as Chief Executive Officer. He brings with him a great depth of retail, operational and financial experience. His wealth of knowledge will ensure that we build on our successes to date and enable us to take The White Company to its next stage of development as a multi-channel retailer on an international scale."
The White Company also announced the appointment of Barry Wyse as the company's first e-commerce director. He joins the compnay from eCommera, where he led the retail practice team, providing consulting and anlytics services.
In the second of a two-part series, Euromonitor International analyst Bettina Kurnik identifies the appeal of offshore e-tailers over their Australian counterparts, and reviews the way forward for loc...
High street fashion retailer New Look has teamed up with Kelly Brook to launch its latest women's wear collection....
Leading global brands and retailers including H&M, Levi Strauss, Carrefour and Tesco have backed a three-year programme to clean up production in the Bangladeshi garment industry....
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead