UK: New Look COO Kernan to join White Company
New Look chief operating officer Will Kernan is leaving the UK apparel retailer to join the White Company as its chief executive.
Kernan has been with New Look for 12 years and will leave in the new year. He will replace Patricia Alford-Burnett when she steps down in Spring 2012.
Commenting on the move, New Look executive chairman Alistair George said: "I and the rest of the Board would like to thank Will for the contribution he has made to New Look during his time in the business. We wish him all the best in his new role."
White Company founder Chrissie Rucker said: "We are delighted that Will is joining us as Chief Executive Officer. He brings with him a great depth of retail, operational and financial experience. His wealth of knowledge will ensure that we build on our successes to date and enable us to take The White Company to its next stage of development as a multi-channel retailer on an international scale."
The White Company also announced the appointment of Barry Wyse as the company's first e-commerce director. He joins the compnay from eCommera, where he led the retail practice team, providing consulting and anlytics services.
In the second of a two-part series, Euromonitor International analyst Bettina Kurnik identifies the appeal of offshore e-tailers over their Australian counterparts, and reviews the way forward for loc...
High street fashion retailer New Look has teamed up with Kelly Brook to launch its latest women's wear collection....
Leading global brands and retailers including H&M, Levi Strauss, Carrefour and Tesco have backed a three-year programme to clean up production in the Bangladeshi garment industry....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies