US: New Look denies administration rumours
Value fashion retailer New Look has moved to reassure suppliers over its financial position after reports surfaced last week suggesting it was poised to enter administration.
"The rumours about New Look entering into administration are completely untrue," a spokesperson told just-style, adding that an online blog making the allegations has "since been retracted."
The spokesperson continued: "New Look has written to suppliers to reassure them over their financial strength and will report their interim results in the coming weeks."
In June, the retailer revealed it would look to shutter up to 100 stores after recording a fall in full-year profits.
Full-year EBITDA dropped to GBP147m (US$229.7m) from GBP191m a year earlier, and sales edged down 2% to GBP1.5bn. Like-for-like sales fell 5.9%.
Uncertainty is perhaps the biggest challenge facing the apparel industry in 2013. The economic situation in Europe and the US, a combination of rising production costs and flat prices, the pressure to...
Malcolm Collins has stepped down as group buying director of footwear, lingerie, nightwear, swimwear and accessories at New Look after 16 years with the UK fashion retailer....
The most read stories on just-style this week include a look at the challenges Burma faces in becoming a competitive sourcing destination, Under Armour filing a trademark infringement lawsuit against ...
Spanish retail group Inditex has suspended two suppliers after it appears that they were illegally subcontracting to the Bangladesh factory that burnt down on Saturday, killing seven people....
At least seven workers were killed and 50 others injured in a fire that raged through an unlicensed garment factory in Dhaka on Saturday (26 January) - just two months after 112 lost their lives in an...
Labour rights groups have stepped up their calls for retailers and brands buying apparel from Bangladesh to take steps to ensure the safety of workers making their clothes....
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Who has signed up to the Greenpeace Detox Campaign
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Critical findings identified at Bangladesh complex
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey