UK: New Look Expands, Buys 34 Littlewoods Stores
High-street fashion chain New Look has acquired 34 Littlewoods stores from retail group Associated British Foods.
The purchase comes as part of a large-scale growth plan that will see New Look expand its UK retail space to 2.4 million square feet by March next year, from 1.6m square feet last year.
Chief executive Phil Wrigley said: "This is a great deal and enables us to bring the New Look brand to more customers and reinforce our position as the third largest women's retailer in the country".
New Look withdrew from bidding for the Littlewoods store chain earlier this year. The purchase was finally secured by AB Foods, which operates the booming value chain Primark.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective