UK: New Look gets Christmas sales boost
- Christmas UK sales up 5.4%
- Like-for-likes up 3.6%
- Group sales up 3.6%
Fast fashion retailer New Look posted sales increases across the board for the crucial five weeks of Christmas trading ended 31 December, with like-for-like UK sales rising 3.6%.
UK sales rose 5.4% (3.4% excluding VAT) and group sales increased 3.6% (2% excluding VAT), the UK company said.
“Our recent performance demonstrates that our hard work is beginning to pay off and we are pleased that both sales and profitability are responding positively,” said New Look executive chairman Alistair McGeorge.
“We are nevertheless mindful that we are operating against a backdrop of a tough and potentially worsening economic climate and remain cautious about the outlook for the next few months.”
Meanwhile, New Look announced that current chief marketing officer Guy Lister is joining the company board as customer and multi-channel managing director. The company said combining the roles was part of its wider multi-channel strategy.
In the second of a two-part series, Euromonitor International analyst Bettina Kurnik identifies the appeal of offshore e-tailers over their Australian counterparts, and reviews the way forward for loc...
Marks & Spencer has declined to comment on reports that Kate Bostock, its executive director of general merchandise, is set to leave the company....
UK retailer New Look has said that it will look to shut up to 100 stores and has agreed to delay paying back its debt after it recorded a fall in full-year profits. ...
High street fashion retailer New Look has teamed up with Kelly Brook to launch its latest women's wear collection....
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Hanesbrands axes Costa Rican jobs in Vietnam move
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Apparel fuels global manufacturing downturn
- VF taps Nike exec to lead innovation centres
- Bagir to invest in Ethiopia as H1 loss deepens
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details