UK: New Look gets Christmas sales boost
- Christmas UK sales up 5.4%
- Like-for-likes up 3.6%
- Group sales up 3.6%
Fast fashion retailer New Look posted sales increases across the board for the crucial five weeks of Christmas trading ended 31 December, with like-for-like UK sales rising 3.6%.
UK sales rose 5.4% (3.4% excluding VAT) and group sales increased 3.6% (2% excluding VAT), the UK company said.
“Our recent performance demonstrates that our hard work is beginning to pay off and we are pleased that both sales and profitability are responding positively,” said New Look executive chairman Alistair McGeorge.
“We are nevertheless mindful that we are operating against a backdrop of a tough and potentially worsening economic climate and remain cautious about the outlook for the next few months.”
Meanwhile, New Look announced that current chief marketing officer Guy Lister is joining the company board as customer and multi-channel managing director. The company said combining the roles was part of its wider multi-channel strategy.
In the second of a two-part series, Euromonitor International analyst Bettina Kurnik identifies the appeal of offshore e-tailers over their Australian counterparts, and reviews the way forward for loc...
Marks & Spencer has declined to comment on reports that Kate Bostock, its executive director of general merchandise, is set to leave the company....
UK retailer New Look has said that it will look to shut up to 100 stores and has agreed to delay paying back its debt after it recorded a fall in full-year profits. ...
High street fashion retailer New Look has teamed up with Kelly Brook to launch its latest women's wear collection....
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- H&M faces margin pressure on dollar impact
- Can technology shape a sustainable fashion future?
- Talks progressing on Myanmar minimum wage
- Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- Hugo Boss in talks over supplier labour claims
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: The EU - May 2015
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide