UK: New Look gets Christmas sales boost
- Christmas UK sales up 5.4%
- Like-for-likes up 3.6%
- Group sales up 3.6%
Fast fashion retailer New Look posted sales increases across the board for the crucial five weeks of Christmas trading ended 31 December, with like-for-like UK sales rising 3.6%.
UK sales rose 5.4% (3.4% excluding VAT) and group sales increased 3.6% (2% excluding VAT), the UK company said.
“Our recent performance demonstrates that our hard work is beginning to pay off and we are pleased that both sales and profitability are responding positively,” said New Look executive chairman Alistair McGeorge.
“We are nevertheless mindful that we are operating against a backdrop of a tough and potentially worsening economic climate and remain cautious about the outlook for the next few months.”
Meanwhile, New Look announced that current chief marketing officer Guy Lister is joining the company board as customer and multi-channel managing director. The company said combining the roles was part of its wider multi-channel strategy.
In the second of a two-part series, Euromonitor International analyst Bettina Kurnik identifies the appeal of offshore e-tailers over their Australian counterparts, and reviews the way forward for loc...
Marks & Spencer has declined to comment on reports that Kate Bostock, its executive director of general merchandise, is set to leave the company....
UK retailer New Look has said that it will look to shut up to 100 stores and has agreed to delay paying back its debt after it recorded a fall in full-year profits. ...
High street fashion retailer New Look has teamed up with Kelly Brook to launch its latest women's wear collection....
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- New Tencel fibre based on cotton waste fabrics
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape