UK: New Look names Kristiansen chief executive
Kristiansen will become the chief executive of New Look on 7 January
Value fashion retailer New Look has appointed Anders Kristiansen as its new chief executive.
Kristiansen will join the company on 7 January from Bestseller Fashion Group, the largest fashion retailer in China, where he most recently served as vice chief executive.
Prior to Bestseller, Kristiansen was president of the China operations and senior vice president at Staples, the fortune 500 company listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
New Look chairman Alistair McGeorge said Kristiansen brings with him "significant multinational retail experience".
Meanwhile, Kristiansen said: "The challenge for the next few years is to build upon the solid foundations that have been laid by Alistair McGeorge and Tom Singh."
The move follows the resignation of former chief executive Carl McPhail in March 2011. New Look, which is in the third phase of its turnaround plan to drive sales, saw its half-year profits increase 25.2% last month despite booking a 1.7% decline in sales.
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
More retailers and brands have joined the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh ahead of the midnight deadline (15 May). ...
Representatives from more than 40 apparel brands and retailers have called for a credible action plan to address workplace safety in the Bangladesh clothing sector as the death toll from last week's R...
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- Will Brexit trigger rise in UK manufacturing?
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape