UK: New Look names Kristiansen chief executive
Kristiansen will become the chief executive of New Look on 7 January
Value fashion retailer New Look has appointed Anders Kristiansen as its new chief executive.
Kristiansen will join the company on 7 January from Bestseller Fashion Group, the largest fashion retailer in China, where he most recently served as vice chief executive.
Prior to Bestseller, Kristiansen was president of the China operations and senior vice president at Staples, the fortune 500 company listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
New Look chairman Alistair McGeorge said Kristiansen brings with him "significant multinational retail experience".
Meanwhile, Kristiansen said: "The challenge for the next few years is to build upon the solid foundations that have been laid by Alistair McGeorge and Tom Singh."
The move follows the resignation of former chief executive Carl McPhail in March 2011. New Look, which is in the third phase of its turnaround plan to drive sales, saw its half-year profits increase 25.2% last month despite booking a 1.7% decline in sales.
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
More retailers and brands have joined the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh ahead of the midnight deadline (15 May). ...
Representatives from more than 40 apparel brands and retailers have called for a credible action plan to address workplace safety in the Bangladesh clothing sector as the death toll from last week's R...
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Retailers warned of high volatility in Brexit wake
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Alliance cuts ties with three more factories
- Online fabric platform to "revolutionise" buying
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark