UK: New Look names Kristiansen chief executive
Kristiansen will become the chief executive of New Look on 7 January
Value fashion retailer New Look has appointed Anders Kristiansen as its new chief executive.
Kristiansen will join the company on 7 January from Bestseller Fashion Group, the largest fashion retailer in China, where he most recently served as vice chief executive.
Prior to Bestseller, Kristiansen was president of the China operations and senior vice president at Staples, the fortune 500 company listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
New Look chairman Alistair McGeorge said Kristiansen brings with him "significant multinational retail experience".
Meanwhile, Kristiansen said: "The challenge for the next few years is to build upon the solid foundations that have been laid by Alistair McGeorge and Tom Singh."
The move follows the resignation of former chief executive Carl McPhail in March 2011. New Look, which is in the third phase of its turnaround plan to drive sales, saw its half-year profits increase 25.2% last month despite booking a 1.7% decline in sales.
More than 180 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
More retailers and brands have joined the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh ahead of the midnight deadline (15 May). ...
Representatives from more than 40 apparel brands and retailers have called for a credible action plan to address workplace safety in the Bangladesh clothing sector as the death toll from last week's R...
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- New JC Penney CEO “credible but no solution”
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- H&M calls for annual wage reviews in Bangladesh
- Fire and safety events to converge on Bangladesh
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020