MOROCCO: New Look-owned Mim to expand outside Europe
French women's wear retail chain Mim is poised to open its first stores outside of Europe with three outlets planned in Morocco, through a partnership agreement with local company, Jacquesther.
New Look-owned Mim's international activities are currently limted to Belgium, where it has six of its 327 stores.
Next month, it will open outlets in Rabat, Marrakech (located in the Almazar shopping centre), followed by Casablanca in February next year, with the store being situated in the Morocco Mall, one of the African continent's biggest retail centres.
"Mim is a young, accessible fashion brand which will bring variety to Morocco's women's wear market," said CEO Xavier Wilmes.
"Our partner, Jacquesther, which already manages eight retail brands in Morocco, covering 35 stores, is confident. For us, this is also proof that our concept is known and exportable beyond our borders, he added.
Mim is also planning to open 60 new stores in France by the end of March 2013.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Fashion retailer New Look has posted a 3.7% increase in UK like-for-like sales over the Christmas period, and says it remains confident the "positive momentum" can be maintained....
Value fashion retailer New Look has today (20 November) seen its half-year profits rise 25.2% despite a decline in sales....
Value fashion retailer New Look has moved to reassure suppliers over its financial position after reports surfaced last week suggesting it was poised to enter administration....
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective