MOROCCO: New Look-owned Mim to expand outside Europe
French women's wear retail chain Mim is poised to open its first stores outside of Europe with three outlets planned in Morocco, through a partnership agreement with local company, Jacquesther.
New Look-owned Mim's international activities are currently limted to Belgium, where it has six of its 327 stores.
Next month, it will open outlets in Rabat, Marrakech (located in the Almazar shopping centre), followed by Casablanca in February next year, with the store being situated in the Morocco Mall, one of the African continent's biggest retail centres.
"Mim is a young, accessible fashion brand which will bring variety to Morocco's women's wear market," said CEO Xavier Wilmes.
"Our partner, Jacquesther, which already manages eight retail brands in Morocco, covering 35 stores, is confident. For us, this is also proof that our concept is known and exportable beyond our borders, he added.
Mim is also planning to open 60 new stores in France by the end of March 2013.
Fashion retailer New Look has posted a 3.7% increase in UK like-for-like sales over the Christmas period, and says it remains confident the "positive momentum" can be maintained....
Value fashion retailer New Look has today (20 November) seen its half-year profits rise 25.2% despite a decline in sales....
Value fashion retailer New Look has moved to reassure suppliers over its financial position after reports surfaced last week suggesting it was poised to enter administration....
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Gap deepens social and environmental efforts
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Syrian refugee children found in Turkish factories
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Key Bangladesh safety issues still not fixed
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024