UK: New Look Posts Improved Christmas Period Sales
The London-based company also saw sales increase 5.3 per cent year-on-year for the seven weeks to January 10, while same-store sales for the period fell 5.1 per cent.
According to CEO Stephen Sunnucks, the holiday results were "satisfactory" despite a delay in customer spending until the week of Christmas.
"We continued to concentrate on profitability and margin improvements by promoting less aggressively and through rigorous cost control," he said.
"We expect to make continued progress in the current year and remain confident about the group's longer term prospects."
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores