UK: New Look Profit Surges 66% On Strong Sales
Women's fashion chain New Look on Tuesday posted a 65.5 per cent surge in first half pre-tax profit to £44.9 million from £27.3m in the year-ago period on the back on strong sales and said that trend was continuing into the second half. The operator of about 500 stores said its profit jump was in line with forecasts with sales up 14 per cent to £315m and UK same-store sales up 8.7 per cent in the six months to September 28, and 11.4 per cent in the first eight weeks after that date.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"