UK: New Look taps Mason as non-exec chairman
Last month, New Look hailed its 38.4% jump in first-quarter profit
With 30 years of UK and international retail experience, Mason has previously held roles as CEO of Matalan and Asda as well as European president and head of global retail at denim giant Levi Strauss.
New Look CEO Anders Kristiansen said Mason joins at an "exciting" time for the company as it focuses on implementing its international strategy and continue to invest in its product, people, websites and stores.
Last month, New Look hailed a better-than-expected 38.4% jump in first-quarter profit as "terrific", driven by higher sales of full-priced product. Group revenues increased 8.1%, while like-for-like sales were up 8.9%.
Click on the following link for further insight on the retailer's first-quarter performance: IN THE MONEY: New Look halts Russia expansion as tensions rise.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The US International Trade Commission has narrowed the scope of its ongoing patent infringement investigation of certain laser abraded denim garments by removing five respondents....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective