UK: New Look taps Tesco finance director Iddon
Iddon will join New Look from UK supermarket retailer Tesco
Iddon, who has served as group finance director, planning, treasury and tax at the supermarket retailer since March 2011, will replace interim CFO Richard Collyer.
Throughout his 13 year tenure at Tesco, Iddon has held the roles of finance director in South Korea, group property finance director, and non-food finance director. Prior to Tesco, he held senior positions at Kingfisher and Whitbread.
New Look yesterday (3 June) said it is exploring strategic options for its French retail chain Mim, including a possible sale, after posting an annual pre-tax loss of GBP55m (US$92.2m).
But the company, which operates 576 stores in the UK, saw like-for-like sales in the country grow 3%, and unveiled plans to take more space this financial year.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
With its cheaper labour and resources, East Africa has already attracted foreign investment, particularly from Asia - as well as business from major international fashion brands and retailers....
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar