UK: New Look taps Tesco finance director Iddon
Iddon will join New Look from UK supermarket retailer Tesco
Iddon, who has served as group finance director, planning, treasury and tax at the supermarket retailer since March 2011, will replace interim CFO Richard Collyer.
Throughout his 13 year tenure at Tesco, Iddon has held the roles of finance director in South Korea, group property finance director, and non-food finance director. Prior to Tesco, he held senior positions at Kingfisher and Whitbread.
New Look yesterday (3 June) said it is exploring strategic options for its French retail chain Mim, including a possible sale, after posting an annual pre-tax loss of GBP55m (US$92.2m).
But the company, which operates 576 stores in the UK, saw like-for-like sales in the country grow 3%, and unveiled plans to take more space this financial year.
With its cheaper labour and resources, East Africa has already attracted foreign investment, particularly from Asia - as well as business from major international fashion brands and retailers....
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- just-style Sourcing Survey – share your thoughts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack