BELGIUM: New Management At Euroshoe Plan Future Strategy
Euroshoe, the multinational shoe retailing group based in Belgium, is going through a major reorganisation following last May's decision by the Vanaudenhove family, which owns the company, to get out of its day to day operations and appoint experienced outsiders in key positions.The plan is to improve operations in order to raise the group's profitability and to prepare it for a possible stockmarket introduction at a later stage,The new management is still evaluating the opportunity of selling Euroshoe's French 65 store chain, Multichauss, whose results have been improving in the five years since the Belgian firm acquired from Bata the 50 per cent stake it previously held in the joint venture.Euroshoe also controls Bristol, a highly profitable chain of about 200 shoe shops in Holland, and it services a group of independent retailers with about 400 shoe shops trading in Belgium under the Shoe Post, Avance, Primo, and Shoe Discount banners.Euroshoe's footwear retailing operations have an annual turnover of about 200m French francs ($26m) in France, 6bn Belgian francs ($130m) in Belgium and a similar figure in the Netherlands.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020