BELGIUM: New Management At Euroshoe Plan Future Strategy
Euroshoe, the multinational shoe retailing group based in Belgium, is going through a major reorganisation following last May's decision by the Vanaudenhove family, which owns the company, to get out of its day to day operations and appoint experienced outsiders in key positions.The plan is to improve operations in order to raise the group's profitability and to prepare it for a possible stockmarket introduction at a later stage,The new management is still evaluating the opportunity of selling Euroshoe's French 65 store chain, Multichauss, whose results have been improving in the five years since the Belgian firm acquired from Bata the 50 per cent stake it previously held in the joint venture.Euroshoe also controls Bristol, a highly profitable chain of about 200 shoe shops in Holland, and it services a group of independent retailers with about 400 shoe shops trading in Belgium under the Shoe Post, Avance, Primo, and Shoe Discount banners.Euroshoe's footwear retailing operations have an annual turnover of about 200m French francs ($26m) in France, 6bn Belgian francs ($130m) in Belgium and a similar figure in the Netherlands.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report