UK: New Model Forecasts Technical Textile Markets
A computer model that makes annual forecasts of world end-use consumption of technical textiles and nonwovens by product type, application, country and region has been developed by textile strategy and marketing consultant David Rigby Associates (DRA). The model can also be used to calculate the required inputs of materials and machine time to meet these forecast demands. It should be of most use to the producers of fibres, yarns, fabrics, chemicals and machinery. They often find it difficult to track their thousands of ultimate end-uses. Statistics are not usually available, and the products of interest often lose their identity as they are combined downstream with other materials. DRA will initially use the forecasts in consulting projects with clients. The model itself will also be used with clients to answer 'what if' questions and to produce alternative scenarios of future markets, using clients' own input data where appropriate. Eventually, some forecasts will be made more widely available, possibly on the Internet, and clients will be able to download the model to carry out calculations using their own proprietary data. The model makes forecasts of the end-use consumption of technical textiles by product type for each target country. It uses past and forecast values of up to 25 demographic, economic and industrial drivers of demand covering the many end-use sectors. These include population, GDP per head, car production, medical expenditure, power generation, construction output etc. The calculations of the inputs of materials and machine time required to meet forecast end-use volumes are based on DRA market research.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts