UK: New Model Forecasts Technical Textile Markets
A computer model that makes annual forecasts of world end-use consumption of technical textiles and nonwovens by product type, application, country and region has been developed by textile strategy and marketing consultant David Rigby Associates (DRA). The model can also be used to calculate the required inputs of materials and machine time to meet these forecast demands. It should be of most use to the producers of fibres, yarns, fabrics, chemicals and machinery. They often find it difficult to track their thousands of ultimate end-uses. Statistics are not usually available, and the products of interest often lose their identity as they are combined downstream with other materials. DRA will initially use the forecasts in consulting projects with clients. The model itself will also be used with clients to answer 'what if' questions and to produce alternative scenarios of future markets, using clients' own input data where appropriate. Eventually, some forecasts will be made more widely available, possibly on the Internet, and clients will be able to download the model to carry out calculations using their own proprietary data. The model makes forecasts of the end-use consumption of technical textiles by product type for each target country. It uses past and forecast values of up to 25 demographic, economic and industrial drivers of demand covering the many end-use sectors. These include population, GDP per head, car production, medical expenditure, power generation, construction output etc. The calculations of the inputs of materials and machine time required to meet forecast end-use volumes are based on DRA market research.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020