US: New online tool boosts supply chain collaboration
A new online tool that helps fashion companies collaborate better with their suppliers when purchasing goods is among latest fashion-specific offerings from Lawson Software.
The Supplier Portal was created for fashion sourcing companies as well as fashion manufacturers, and offers online access to key information, including order tracking and delivery data.
Because both sides of a transaction can view and update the same data, it can improve collaboration between a fashion company and its suppliers. This functionality in turn helps eliminate time lags, duplicate work and the risk of errors.
The system also helps reduce manual activities and streamline processes by creating automatic confirmation of order quantities, dates and prices. In addition, it can create delivery notes, which also helps to reduce manual processes such as faxing, emailing and managing multiple spreadsheets.
The new solution has been designed with Lawson's 'simpler is better' concept in mind, so it contains the key functionality that supplying companies need. And, since it is delivered via the Web, it does not require on-site installation.
"Supplier Portal works directly with our full Lawson for Fashion business software system, helping to reduce the cost of deployment and long-term cost of ownership," explains Frédéric Champalbert, general manager, Fashion, for Lawson.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
After weathering the storm of recession, today's apparel companies now face a significantly more challenging and competitive market. Technologies they would be wise to watch in the year ahead include ...
Where should apparel firms be focusing their software investments now if they want to remain competitive into the future? According to industry experts consulted by just-style, technology agendas shou...
Using the right software is key to helping the apparel industry tackle some of the issues it faces in 2011. Firms need the right analyses and information to take the right decisions at the right time ...
Among the biggest challenges facing global apparel supply in the year ahead are rising raw material costs, the changing business climate in China, upward pressure on retail prices, fragile consumer de...
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022