US: New partnership promotes US cotton benefits
A new partnership to connect textile brands with US cotton suppliers and manufacturers, and inform them of the benefits of domestic sourcing, has been unveiled by Maker's Row and Cotton Incorporated.
Maker's Row is an online platform providing direct access to domestic manufacturers, while Cotton Incorporated is the research and marketing company representing America's cotton producers and importers.
"This partnership provides brands with a deeper understanding of one of the principal materials used in apparel today," said Maker's Row CEO Matthew Burnett.
"With that understanding, brands have a greater opportunity to push the boundaries of their own products with our manufacturers on Maker's Row."
The two companies have created a video 'American Cotton Part 1,' to help businesses understand cotton production as it moves through the supply chain - and ultimately help them make more informed decisions.
A page on Maker's Row (makersrow.com/cottoninc) features over 20 domestic cotton mills and suppliers of cotton-based materials that comply with Cotton Inc's stringent quality and responsibly-produced cotton requirements.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Five ways to tackle market and demand volatility
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Hungary offers a mix of strengths and weaknesses
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Uniqlo under fire again for China worker abuses
- Golden Lady creates a new man-made fibre
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Fast Retailing in deal for laser treated garments
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015