US: New partnership promotes US cotton benefits
A new partnership to connect textile brands with US cotton suppliers and manufacturers, and inform them of the benefits of domestic sourcing, has been unveiled by Maker's Row and Cotton Incorporated.
Maker's Row is an online platform providing direct access to domestic manufacturers, while Cotton Incorporated is the research and marketing company representing America's cotton producers and importers.
"This partnership provides brands with a deeper understanding of one of the principal materials used in apparel today," said Maker's Row CEO Matthew Burnett.
"With that understanding, brands have a greater opportunity to push the boundaries of their own products with our manufacturers on Maker's Row."
The two companies have created a video 'American Cotton Part 1,' to help businesses understand cotton production as it moves through the supply chain - and ultimately help them make more informed decisions.
A page on Maker's Row (makersrow.com/cottoninc) features over 20 domestic cotton mills and suppliers of cotton-based materials that comply with Cotton Inc's stringent quality and responsibly-produced cotton requirements.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Overcapacity in China could reshape fibre markets
- What does supply chain mapping really mean?
- PVH ramps up corporate responsibility commitments
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- US Q2 in brief - Chico's, Caleres, G-III Apparel
- Cambodia’s focus on garment production also a risk
- Nike and Under Armour top social currency chart
- C&A helps grow organic cotton production in China
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Trade and trade policy: the EU clothing import market and its ten largest supplying countries, 2016