USA: New Paskowitz Surfer Line Challenges Brand Leaders
Paskowitz Apparel LLC has introduced an "evolutionary"' line of surfwear. Jonathan Paskowitz, chief marketing officer, made the announcement Tuesday. "We have created a line that we feel will appeal to both the core surfer for its high performance characteristics and the fashion conscious that wants style without hype." The new product line is to be unveiled at the Magic show in Las Vegas and ASR in San Diego. It consists of board shorts, pants, knit and woven shirts, T-shirts and walk shorts. Fabric is supplied by top quality mills including industry leader Hoffman California Fabrics. The entire line is manufactured in the United States and will be widely available by the end of the year. "The product will be carried by selected surf shops and retailers nationally. Beginning next year Paskowitz brand sportswear will also be available in targeted international markets," said Paskowitz. The Paskowitz brand is not exactly new to the industry. It was developed soon after a failed co-branding effort with Tommy Hilfiger last year. Jeff Antoci, CFO, organized and recruited the Paskowitz team consisting of brothers Jonathan, Abraham and Izzy Paskowitz. "I met these guys and saw the potential and energy they had. They weren't mad at Tommy but were frustrated that some of their concepts for sportswear had not materialized. We hit the ground running and now are executing some totally advanced thinking," said Antoci. He added, "We only test against the category leaders and conduct audience surveys year round." Paskowitz Apparel LLC was founded in January 2000. The company manufactures and distributes a variety of high quality sportswear for young men. Paskowitz also operates the Paskowitz Family surf camp and are founders of Surfers Healing, a foundation that funds research and awareness for autism. Contact Paskowitz Apparel LLC at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective