USA: New Paskowitz Surfer Line Challenges Brand Leaders
Paskowitz Apparel LLC has introduced an "evolutionary"' line of surfwear. Jonathan Paskowitz, chief marketing officer, made the announcement Tuesday. "We have created a line that we feel will appeal to both the core surfer for its high performance characteristics and the fashion conscious that wants style without hype." The new product line is to be unveiled at the Magic show in Las Vegas and ASR in San Diego. It consists of board shorts, pants, knit and woven shirts, T-shirts and walk shorts. Fabric is supplied by top quality mills including industry leader Hoffman California Fabrics. The entire line is manufactured in the United States and will be widely available by the end of the year. "The product will be carried by selected surf shops and retailers nationally. Beginning next year Paskowitz brand sportswear will also be available in targeted international markets," said Paskowitz. The Paskowitz brand is not exactly new to the industry. It was developed soon after a failed co-branding effort with Tommy Hilfiger last year. Jeff Antoci, CFO, organized and recruited the Paskowitz team consisting of brothers Jonathan, Abraham and Izzy Paskowitz. "I met these guys and saw the potential and energy they had. They weren't mad at Tommy but were frustrated that some of their concepts for sportswear had not materialized. We hit the ground running and now are executing some totally advanced thinking," said Antoci. He added, "We only test against the category leaders and conduct audience surveys year round." Paskowitz Apparel LLC was founded in January 2000. The company manufactures and distributes a variety of high quality sportswear for young men. Paskowitz also operates the Paskowitz Family surf camp and are founders of Surfers Healing, a foundation that funds research and awareness for autism. Contact Paskowitz Apparel LLC at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack