US: New president, CMO at Liz Claiborne apparel
Apparel designer Liz Claiborne has appointed Michele Parsons as president and chief merchandising officer of its apparel business, effective 25 September.
In the role, Parsons will oversee all design and merchandising activities for the brand. She will report to Pamela Thomas-Graham, group president - better and moderate apparel, who said: "Michele's extensive background in merchandising and general management makes her the ideal candidate to join the team at Liz Claiborne Apparel.
"We have substantially enhanced the quality, fit and value of Liz Claiborne apparel and have added more on-trend and wear-to-work styles. These enhancements have been very well received by retailers and consumers alike."
Parsons added: "I am very excited to be joining one of the most iconic American brands, and look forward to building upon the Liz Claiborne legacy as we evolve and position the brand for future growth and success."
Parsons was most recently senior VP and general merchandising manager at Tommy Hilfiger, where she was a key executive in the H Hilfiger Division. Prior to that she spent eight years with J Crew in a variety of merchandising positions with increasing responsibility.
Delivering a fashion collection on time and to budget is an increasingly difficult challenge. Factor in a complex international environment, and sourcing the finished product has the potential to be a...
Liz Claiborne Inc, the apparel maker whose brands include Dana Buchman, Ellen Tracy, Juicy Couture and Mexx, on Wednesday (28 February) reported a 6.4% fall in fourth quarter profit, blaming costs ass...
Indian textile and apparel group Bombay Rayon Fashions Ltd is to buy a 70% stake in the UK's DPJ Clothing Ltd, for about GBP1.54m ($US3.03m)....
The former chief executive of Tommy Hilfiger and Lands' End is joining the board of directors of Chico's FAS....
In a preliminary, unaudited report on the fiscal year ended 31 January, outerwear and sportswear marketer G-III Apparel Group reported substantial increases in earnings and sales....
Two US lawmakers are introducing a bill to combat the use of dog and cat fur in clothing, and ban the sale and import of raccoon dog fur, a wild species of dog found in China....
A wholly-owned subsidiary of global sourcing giant Li & Fung is to buy the sourcing operations of the Tommy Hilfiger designer apparel firm for US$247.8m in a move that enhances its global diversificat...
Tim Gunn, the host-mentor of television's Project Runway, has been appointed to the new post of chief creative officer of Liz Claiborne, effective 5 March....
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020