USA: New President For Duck Head Apparel
William V. Roberti is to serve as president and chief operating officer of Duck Head Apparel Company Inc (Amex: DHA). Robert D. Rockey will remain as chairman and CEO, the company says.Mr Roberti was previously president and CEO of the Plaid Clothing Group Inc, which was engaged in the men's wear business from 1996 to 1998. From 1987 to 1994, he served as president and CEO of Brooks Brothers Inc. Prior to his leadership role at Brooks Brothers, Roberti was Division Chairman and CEO of the Emerging Growth Business Group at Zale Corporation."Bill Roberti brings an impressive history of experience and achievement, particularly in the men's wear industry, to Duck Head," Bob Rockey stated. "His appointment as president and COO will be a positive step in continuing the company's turn-around and assures a smooth transfer of leadership," he said. Rockey is scheduled to step down from the CEO position next spring, but expects to continue as chairman.Mr Rockey added that the company's Corporate Governance Committee will recommend that the Board elect Mr Roberti as a director of the company following the company's upcoming annual meeting of shareholders.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022