USA: New President For Duck Head Apparel
William V. Roberti is to serve as president and chief operating officer of Duck Head Apparel Company Inc (Amex: DHA). Robert D. Rockey will remain as chairman and CEO, the company says.Mr Roberti was previously president and CEO of the Plaid Clothing Group Inc, which was engaged in the men's wear business from 1996 to 1998. From 1987 to 1994, he served as president and CEO of Brooks Brothers Inc. Prior to his leadership role at Brooks Brothers, Roberti was Division Chairman and CEO of the Emerging Growth Business Group at Zale Corporation."Bill Roberti brings an impressive history of experience and achievement, particularly in the men's wear industry, to Duck Head," Bob Rockey stated. "His appointment as president and COO will be a positive step in continuing the company's turn-around and assures a smooth transfer of leadership," he said. Rockey is scheduled to step down from the CEO position next spring, but expects to continue as chairman.Mr Rockey added that the company's Corporate Governance Committee will recommend that the Board elect Mr Roberti as a director of the company following the company's upcoming annual meeting of shareholders.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective