USA: New President For Nordstrom.com
Nordstrom.com has appointed Mike Smith president. Smith is currently a member of the Nordstrom.com board and will report to Nordstrom.com Chief Executive Officer Dan Nordstrom. "I am pleased to add someone as talented as Mike Smith to our executive team," said Dan Nordstrom, CEO of Nordstrom.com. "Having been an advisor to Nordstrom.com since 1998, Mike knows our business well. He has lent us his expertise as one of the industry's most recognised leaders in catalogue and Internet retail, and I am excited that he will now bring his insight to our team on a daily basis."Smith brings more than 17 years of traditional, catalogue and Internet retail expertise to his new position. Formerly the president and CEO of Lands' End, Mike Smith is credited with Lands' End's successful Internet debut, as well as the launch of the Coming Home catalogue. During his 15 years at Lands' End, Smith led the company to record sales and profits. Smith will continue to serve on the board while president of Nordstrom.com.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Adidas mulls roll-out of in-store customisation
- Brands urged to empower women in sub-Sahara Africa
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective