USA: New President For Nordstrom.com
Nordstrom.com has appointed Mike Smith president. Smith is currently a member of the Nordstrom.com board and will report to Nordstrom.com Chief Executive Officer Dan Nordstrom. "I am pleased to add someone as talented as Mike Smith to our executive team," said Dan Nordstrom, CEO of Nordstrom.com. "Having been an advisor to Nordstrom.com since 1998, Mike knows our business well. He has lent us his expertise as one of the industry's most recognised leaders in catalogue and Internet retail, and I am excited that he will now bring his insight to our team on a daily basis."Smith brings more than 17 years of traditional, catalogue and Internet retail expertise to his new position. Formerly the president and CEO of Lands' End, Mike Smith is credited with Lands' End's successful Internet debut, as well as the launch of the Coming Home catalogue. During his 15 years at Lands' End, Smith led the company to record sales and profits. Smith will continue to serve on the board while president of Nordstrom.com.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- EU urged to adopt roadmap for Sri Lanka GSP+ bid
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack