FRANCE: New Product Helps Improve The Quality Of Denim Jeans
A new product to help jeans manufacturers improve the quality and final appearance of their garments has been developed by Protechnic. The company, which is already well-known for its range of thermo-adhesive nets, webs and films for the jeans market, has now launched an ethylene terpolymer film that combines high flexibility with the ability to penetrate denim fabric, and can be used to enhance belt loops and seams. Application of the Loop'stick helps stiffen the fibres in a belt-loop, and this can stop it from twisting while it is being attached to the waistband. It can be used on seams as well, where it contributes to a clean cut and neat edges by reducing the likelihood of fraying and bursting. Because it keeps the side seams flat, the product is also said to improve their resistance to stone-washing and prevents them from re-opening during pressing.The thermo-adhesive is simple to apply and does not require any additional operations. It is simply slipped into the belt loop during sewing; or positioned on the side seams at the overlocking stage. In both cases, the product is then fused in a press or by ironing. Loop'stick is available in a range of eight types of nets, webs and films from 30 to 100 microns. It is resistant to stone washing up to 60°C, and is supplied on bobbins in lengths of 50-300 metres and from 10mm in width.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts