UK: New ruling in Marchpole/Boateng license case
Fashion brand manager Marchpole Holdings said it has won a court case against fashion designer Ozwald Boateng, overturning an earlier ruling.
All three judges in the Court of Appeal ruled that damages claims against Marchpole should be thrown out.
The company was last year ordered to pay out GBP150,000 (US$284,341) in compensation to Boateng's company Bespoke Couture to settle a dispute over a licensing deal.
However, it will now receive an unknown amount of costs from Bespoke, which has been banned from appealing to the House of Lords.
Marchpole executive deputy chairman Michael Morris said: "We are very pleased that these legal proceedings have now been resolved."
French designer Jean Charles de Castelbajac has signed a three-year licence agreement with US-based New Era to launch a new collection of fashion headwear for spring/summer 2007....
The Jean Charles de Castelbajac unit of fashion brand management group Marchpole Holdings has signed two long-term distribution agreements in Dubai and Russia....
Brand management firm Marchpole said it plans to buy ladies' shoe company Greenmark Ltd for GBP3m (US$5.86m)....
Apparel firm Marchpole is close to announcing another acquisition, said chairman Christopher Phillips, as the company announced a first-half profit increase....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack