New seam bonding solutions improve performance
Two new seam bonding solutions have been launched to help the production of aesthetic and functional garments with a higher calibre of stretch, breathability and visibility.
The Rapid Reaction and High Visibility Sewfree Bonded collections, developed by Bemis Associates, enable designers to incorporate subtle details that provide performance into almost any garment.
The Rapid Reaction collection uses DriSeam, Bemis' latest generation of Seam Reinforcement Tape (SRT), which repels water and wicks away moisture to keep athletes cool and dry. It also uses lightweight, stretchable overlay film FlowFlex, which integrates distinctive perforations that create airflow and moisture management capabilities. It can also be laser-cut or die cut.
The High Visibility collection is designed to provide "optical stimulation" through unique palettes of colour and texture, an artistry trend that Bemis says has become critical to the sportswear consumer.
It uses Chromaflex Film, which adds high visibility that bends and creates colour shifts as a garment moves, ideal for creating "a killer light-diffracting accent or as a fabric contrast in details and trims".
"Bemis has a laser focus on helping designers improve their garments' aesthetic and marginalise the limitations of cut and sew techniques through our innovative Sewfree bonding solutions," said Steve Howard, CEO of Bemis Worldwide. "The Rapid Reaction and High Visibility collections enable designers to incorporate subtle details that provide performance into almost any garment that differentiate a brand."
The company showcased the latest additions to its Sewfree line of products at last week's Winter Outdoor Retailer 2016 show in Salt Lake City.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022