VIETNAM: New Shoe Plant To Create 15,000 Jobs
The Saigon Times Daily reported that the new plant will cost up to $50 million and be built on a 43 hectares site at Nhon Trach 1 Industrial Park, in Ho Chi Minh City.
It said footwear giant Hwaseung would run the plant which would eventually have 20 production lines. The paper added stage one of the project will create up to 3,000 jobs.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Update - Bangladesh "business as usual"
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar