GERMANY: New Show Spotlights Intelligent Textiles
Avantex is the international innovation forum for high-tech garment textiles and fashion engineering, and will make its debut in Frankfurt from 27 to 29 November 2000. The parallel exhibition and symposium aim to reveal future trends in the fields of lifestyle, functional and workwear textiles for the textile and garment manufacturing industries and, at the same time, to create the world's first exclusive information and communication platform for this sector.The symposium promises to offer 95 lectures on high-tech apparel textiles and fashion engineering. The European Union is the show's latest patron.The show's organisers hope that the high-tech emphasis will attract businesses throughout the supply chain that recognise the future of the industry is in intelligent garments rather than continual price cuts. The symposium aims to be a platform for new ideas and cooperation between research, industry and trade. The programme covers twelve areas: high-tech textiles; new fibres and yarns; high-tech fabrics; high-tech garments; making up; and e-commerce. "Advantex is based on an excellent concept. I believe that we must have the courage at this trade fair to show that we are all ready to adopt new approaches. This also includes the courage to experiment," said Ulrich Huwe, managing director of Trevira GmbH.Interest in the show has been greater than expected, with the result that the symposium was extended from two to three days. Exhibitors come from the whole supply chain, with considerable interest being show by non-EU countries, such as Japan and the USA.The symposium will be held parallel to the Avantex trade fair in Frankfurt from 27-29 November. For more information, visit the exhibition and symposium's website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective