SWITZERLAND: New stain and weatherproof textile finish
Swiss textile effects company HeiQ Materials AG has developed a new stain and weather resistant finish that is said to repel both water and oil by building a 3D structure on the fabric surface.
This 3D structure consists of special micro-sized particles that are firmly embedded in the fabric finish, minimising the contact area between stains and the fabric and preventing them from adhering.
The 'Barrier by HeiQ' technology is said to be durable, and also has sustainable credentials by cutting the use of fluorine based repellency chemicals by up to 60%.
"Barrier by HeiQ offers a completely new dimension to functional finishing with conventional fluorocarbons and other particle-based repellent systems available on the market today" says Kristofer Skantze, head of marketing and sales at HeiQ.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- World cotton price prospects lifted again