UK: New Standard For Colour Communication
A new standard for communication between colour computers has been developed by the Colour Measurement Committee of the Society of Dyers and Colourists working in partnership with the National Physical Laboratory (NPL).
The new data standard is intended to overcome the problem of data communication between the many different colour measurement instruments and software systems developed for colour measurement.
These include quality control and recipe prediction systems, in addition to on-screen colour systems.
The colorimetric information created by one system is generally not readily assimilated by another because it is in a format known only to the system manufacturer. Added to this, new and existing systems are continually being developed and enhanced, and new data formats introduced.
The Society and NPL have defined a logical structure to cover all types of colorimetric data and have translated this into XML meta-mark-up language document formats as a proposed data standard.
It means that computers and spectrophotometers can now communicate data effectively, irrespective of manufacturer or system.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
SDC Enterprises, the Bradford-based manufacturer of test materials, is introducing a security thread woven into the selvedge of its Multifibre DW Adjacent Fabric in a bid to protect customer and consu...
A set of electronic distance learning modules to help people working in the field of colour enhance their skills and knowledge has been launched by the Society of Dyers and Colourists (SDC)....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective