UK: New Store Planning Solution Launched For Retailers
SmartVMTM helps maximise the effectiveness of the product range according to the available space within the stores. It does this by bringing together information from numerical and financial plans and combining it with digital images of selected products and digital representations of fixtures and floor layouts.
Emma Tilley from Compass Software comments: "Consumers' purchasing decisions are based largely on visual influences. Getting the messages and merchandising right the first time is essential to a store's success. SmartVM is dedicated to doing just this by bridging the gap between the art and science in retail merchandising."
The solution supports the visual merchandising process by separating activities into three key stages; store planning, visual merchandising and reporting and analysis.
Retailers can also evaluate a number of different layout options and see the financial impact on the overall fixture or department performance at a level of detail that is appropriate for their business. And new stores can be modelled electronically to identify the ideal layout configuration, as well as modelling how products should be merchandised on new fixtures.
Companies: Gap Inc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
In this, her second report on Thailand's textile industry, Niki Tait looks at projects aimed at preparing Thai manufacturers for the global market and assesses the sector's post-quota future....
Textiles and clothing make up Thailand's largest manufacturing industry, with more than 4,500 factories employing over one million people. The sector accounts for approximately 20 per cent of total em...
Feet are going to be warm and cosy next winter. Fur, both real and synthetic, was all around at the latest GDS shoe fair in Germany, on the inside and outside of shoes as well as boots, writes Penny L...
Apparel giant Gap Inc has published its 2004 social responsibility report, in which it underscores its ongoing commitment to improving conditions in both its own sourcing base and throughout the globa...
Gap Inc yesterday said sales at stores open at least one year were flat in June, ending seven straight months of same-store sales declines....
Business analytics company Appian Analytics Inc has signed an agreement with clothing giant Gap Inc to provide business analytics and reporting services for monitoring performance across Gap brands in...
Apparel giant Gap Inc says it will open two branches of its Banana Republic chain in Tokyo later this summer....
US apparel giant Gap Inc has reported a slump in first-quarter income, after its namesake division saw poor sales of women's spring collections....
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective