PUERTO RICO: New store roll-out for Aéropostale
Teen-focused retailer Aéropostale is making its first foray into Puerto Rico with the opening of up to 15 stores in the next two years.
The New York-based operator has unveiled its first Puerto Rico store at Plaza Carolina in Carolina.
The second store, at Plaza Las Americas in San Juan, is slated to follow in weeks, with a third to open its doors at The Prime Outlet Puerto Rico in Barcelonesa later this year.
Aéropostale plans to open ten to 12 additional stores by 2010 in the company's second expansion outside the US. In 2007, the retailer opened 15 stores in Canada.
"We feel Puerto Rico is the natural next step as we continue to connect with our core customer, young men and women," said Aéropostale COO Tom Johnson.
"With the anticipation of the opening growing, as well as the company's success in the United States, we know Aéropostale will become a teen favourite in Puerto Rico."
The store openings will be supported by an integrated marketing campaign, including outdoor advertising, in-mall marketing, radio remotes and giveaways.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' July 2008 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' September 2008 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' August 2008 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
An 11% rise in comparable store sales helped retailer Aéropostale to register a 43% surge in profits in the company's second quarter....
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts