USA: New T-Shirts Aim To Cut Teenage Pregnancy Rates
A colourful new T-shirt collection that aims to raise money and awareness for the prevention of teenage pregnancy has been launched by US fashion retailer Candie's Inc.
The New York-based designer and marketer of young women's footwear, apparel and accessories, has teamed up with The Candie's Foundation for the campaign.
The T-shirts will be sold in several different styles and bear empowering messages, including "Be Sexy, It Doesn't Mean You Have To Have Sex" and "Be Independent, Don't Depend On Him".
All proceeds from the garments' sale will go towards foundation funds to promote safe sex and raise awareness about the impact of teenage pregnancy.
Neil Cole, founder of The Candie's Foundation and CEO of Candie's, said: "The issue of teen pregnancy directly affects our Candie's customer, so we could not think of a better way to give something back to that community than by creating the Foundation.
"We believe that by educating these teens we can help to reduce the teenage pregnancy rate in the US and support young women in making healthy choices that will improve their futures. These shirts were specially designed to deliver a powerful message, while still being fashionable and fun to wear."
The T-shirts will also be sold in Gadzooks stores with a percentage of the proceeds donated to the foundation.
Consumer brands owner Iconix said 2005 was the most profitable year in the company's history, as it implemented a new brand management and licensing business model....
Fashion label Mossimo and its founder Mossimo Giannulli have agreed an extension to the commencement of Giannulli's offer to take the business private after a third party made a bid for the label....
Iconix Brand Group has signed a licensing deal for its Joe Boxer brand with Mexican apparel company Grupo Aviara....
Iconix Brand Group Inc, formerly Candie's Inc, on Monday said it purchased women's apparel and accessories brand Rampage from Rampage Clothing Company for $45.9 million....
Apparel trademark licensor Iconix Brand Group Inc has signed a deal to buy the Joe Boxer Brand from Joe Boxer Company LLC and its affiliates....
US retail group Candie's Inc has revealed that it will change its corporate name to Iconix Brand Group Inc on 1 July, and will trade on the NASDAQ stock exchange under the ticker symbol ICON....
Fashion brand Badgley Mischka, a division of apparel licensor Candie's Inc, has signed a license deal with Groupe JS International for a bridge apparel collection to be launched in spring 2006....
Apparel and footwear and licensor Candie's Inc has entered into a retail license agreement with Pristine Fashion Group for its Badgley Mischka brand....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020