US: New 'Tech Packs' help manage product data
IT solutions provider Centric Software has unveiled new 'Tech Packs' which the company says will provide clothing companies with flexible management of product information.
The packs can contain information on products' artwork, fabric, colour and trim, on a collection or season level, down to individual styles. Their aim is to reduce delays and potentially costly mistakes by exchanging relevant information between companies and their partners.
Centric said those involved can monitor changes through links between different secure, online views with different levels of detail, so everyone is kept up to date when changes are made.
"As consumers demand more rapid turnover in the fashions available on the store shelf, apparel companies and those with apparel lines of business are launching more products, on tighter schedules with inflexible deadlines, with the same number of people," said Chris Groves, Centric Software CEO.
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack