SRI LANKA: New Testing Facility Satisfies Retail Chain Standards
In line with its current policy of taking its textile testing facilities to the centres where clothing is being produced in large quantities, PPT (Precison Processes Textiles) has just brought on stream its latest laboratory in the Sri Lankan capital of Colombo. Employing "the latest state of the art equipment", the new lab will be able to test for colour fastness and physical stability and carry out formaldehyde testing.Says PPT's business development executive Ray Watson: "The services of the new laboratory are specifically targeted to meet the needs of local clothing producers who need to satisfy the standards set by their major retail chain customers based either in Europe or North America. "The procedures used by the teams in Sri Lanka will be exactly similar to those used by the laboratories at our headquarters in Ambergate, Derbyshire, and its London satellite which opened in Baker Street earlier this year. This degree of consistency is vital to our customers wherever they themselves may be based," says Ray. General manager of the Sri Lankan laboratory is Gnanaka (Jay) Jayasinghe who initially trained as a chartered textile technologist in the UK. He then spent 20 years in the spinning and clothing divisions of the Courtaulds group before returning to Sri Lanka as technical manager for Bairdwear and Inimag Apparel prior to taking up his present post with PPT.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Lenzing unveils new sustainability strategy
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar