CHINA: New Textile Group Formed
Textile enterprises in Jiangxi Province have thrived in recent years as they took advantage of the expanding macro economy to explore their production and market potential. As a result, the textile industry has significantly increased its output and sales.
Enterprises under the group reduced losses by 150m yuan ($18.13m) in 1996 and by over 60m yuan in 2000. Of the whole group, the Jiangxi Chemical Fibre Company reported the best all-round improvement in various technical and economic indexes including production, sales, quality, consumption and repayment of loans.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022