New tool to reduce colour communication errors
New benchtop spectrophotometers that help overcome the challenge of measuring and communicating colour across the supply chain, from concept design through final product, have just been launched by X-Rite.
The Ci7800 and Ci7600 instruments help users meet colour specifications and improve process controls, the company says, pointing out that in a complex global supply chain, there are many points at which colour errors can occur - from design, specification and formulation, to manufacturing and the assembly of raw materials, parts and the final product.
Communicating colour standards digitally and having accurate, reliable sample-to-sample colour measurement of materials can mitigate errors, reducing costly rejects, product rework and speeding time to market.
With end-uses including the textile and clothing industries, highlights of the Ci7800 and Ci7600 include an on-board camera that captures images of each measurement to provide advanced auditing capabilities. Sensors also capture temperature and humidity at the time of measurement.
There is also automated instrument set-up, with features for pre-loaded customer settings; measurement flexibility across opaque, transparent and translucent materials; and the ability to migrate legacy colour data.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- Finding value in fashion retail reverse logistics
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- US Q4 in brief – Destination XL Group, Caleres
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective