US: New VF Outdoor HQ brings brands under one roof
VF Outdoor has opened a new state-of-the-art headquarters in Alameda, California to house its North Face, JanSport and Lucy brands.
The company says it hopes that having one central campus will boost product innovation, collaboration and business growth across the brands. The 14-acre campus will provide a base for more than 470 employees, and has taken four years to design and plan.
Features intended to break down the boundaries between individual brands and encourage employees to share ideas and resources include a centrally located café and a "Yurt Advanced Product Lab" which will act as a hub for cross-brand collaboration.
VF Outdoor, a subsidiary of VF Corporation, says the campus also includes several sustainability features.
In addition to being built in accordance with LEED Gold standards, it will generate all of its anticipated electricity needs through a combination of photovoltaic solar panels and wind turbines. There is also an indirect-direct evaporative cooling (IDEC) HVAC system that circulates fresh air without the use of emission-causing coolants.
Seattle-based outdoor wear brand Eddie Bauer has appointed Steve Venegas as vice president of distribution in North America....
Footwear maker Wolverine Worldwide has appointed Daniel Le Vesconte as managing director for Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA), responsibile for overseeing the company's growth in the region....
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Pakistan textile mills fear rash of closures
- Is garment compliance fundamentally flawed?
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Bangladesh workers rally for unpaid wages
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- Under Armour lifts outlook after Q2 revenue hike
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020