US: New VF Outdoor HQ brings brands under one roof
VF Outdoor has opened a new state-of-the-art headquarters in Alameda, California to house its North Face, JanSport and Lucy brands.
The company says it hopes that having one central campus will boost product innovation, collaboration and business growth across the brands. The 14-acre campus will provide a base for more than 470 employees, and has taken four years to design and plan.
Features intended to break down the boundaries between individual brands and encourage employees to share ideas and resources include a centrally located café and a "Yurt Advanced Product Lab" which will act as a hub for cross-brand collaboration.
VF Outdoor, a subsidiary of VF Corporation, says the campus also includes several sustainability features.
In addition to being built in accordance with LEED Gold standards, it will generate all of its anticipated electricity needs through a combination of photovoltaic solar panels and wind turbines. There is also an indirect-direct evaporative cooling (IDEC) HVAC system that circulates fresh air without the use of emission-causing coolants.
Seattle-based outdoor wear brand Eddie Bauer has appointed Steve Venegas as vice president of distribution in North America....
Footwear maker Wolverine Worldwide has appointed Daniel Le Vesconte as managing director for Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA), responsibile for overseeing the company's growth in the region....
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- VF Corp ups guidance as Q3 earnings climb
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam