SWEDEN: New Wave appoints China VP
Magnus Claesson has been appointed as VP China of New Wave Group, which designs, acquires and develops brands including Umbro and Cutter & Buck.
Claesson has 18 years experience with promo wear company New Wave competitor Clipper International AB. He will be responsible for the group’s buying activities in China and he will be a member of the group’s executive board.
"We are very pleased with the recruitment of Magnus, who with his extensive experience and expertise will bring to New Wave Group valuable knowledge in many areas. He has everything needed to successfully streamline and improve procurement in China, which is our main purchasing country. In addition, Magnus has the leadership qualities needed and that also suits the group." said Torsten Jansson, president and CEO of New Wave Group.
Shares in Nike Inc fell nearly 6% in trading yesterday (17 March) after the sportswear giant's third quarter earnings missed expectations and it warned that rising oil, cotton and transport costs are ...
Sporting goods giant Nike Inc has promoted Roger Wyett, the head of its Hurley International unit, to president of its Nike Affiliates portfolio....
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- New scenarios driving sustainability in textiles
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- UK fashion sector prospects depend on partnerships
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Eight footwear factories lead on social compliance
- Global unions join forces on apparel wage poverty
- Coats launches new services business in Vietnam
- US firms eye Vietnam footwear growth ahead of TPP