SWEDEN: New Wave appoints China VP
Magnus Claesson has been appointed as VP China of New Wave Group, which designs, acquires and develops brands including Umbro and Cutter & Buck.
Claesson has 18 years experience with promo wear company New Wave competitor Clipper International AB. He will be responsible for the group’s buying activities in China and he will be a member of the group’s executive board.
"We are very pleased with the recruitment of Magnus, who with his extensive experience and expertise will bring to New Wave Group valuable knowledge in many areas. He has everything needed to successfully streamline and improve procurement in China, which is our main purchasing country. In addition, Magnus has the leadership qualities needed and that also suits the group." said Torsten Jansson, president and CEO of New Wave Group.
Shares in Nike Inc fell nearly 6% in trading yesterday (17 March) after the sportswear giant's third quarter earnings missed expectations and it warned that rising oil, cotton and transport costs are ...
Sporting goods giant Nike Inc has promoted Roger Wyett, the head of its Hurley International unit, to president of its Nike Affiliates portfolio....
- Myanmar - right time, right place, new challenges
- 3D printing gears up for fashion industry change
- Apparel working conditions linked to profit
- Cutting pollution saves China textile mills money
- Adidas worker hotline bridges communication gap
- China cotton imports to rise as Xinjiang cuts crop
- Crystal first China licensee of RevoLaze tech
- Thailand project to vertically integrate clothing
- Dick's Sporting Goods updates on strategy
- Cambodia growth to slow on competition and cost