SWEDEN: New Wave appoints China VP
Magnus Claesson has been appointed as VP China of New Wave Group, which designs, acquires and develops brands including Umbro and Cutter & Buck.
Claesson has 18 years experience with promo wear company New Wave competitor Clipper International AB. He will be responsible for the group’s buying activities in China and he will be a member of the group’s executive board.
"We are very pleased with the recruitment of Magnus, who with his extensive experience and expertise will bring to New Wave Group valuable knowledge in many areas. He has everything needed to successfully streamline and improve procurement in China, which is our main purchasing country. In addition, Magnus has the leadership qualities needed and that also suits the group." said Torsten Jansson, president and CEO of New Wave Group.
Shares in Nike Inc fell nearly 6% in trading yesterday (17 March) after the sportswear giant's third quarter earnings missed expectations and it warned that rising oil, cotton and transport costs are ...
Sporting goods giant Nike Inc has promoted Roger Wyett, the head of its Hurley International unit, to president of its Nike Affiliates portfolio....
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Retailers warned of high volatility in Brexit wake
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Alliance cuts ties with three more factories
- Online fabric platform to "revolutionise" buying
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark