SWEDEN: New Wave appoints China VP
Magnus Claesson has been appointed as VP China of New Wave Group, which designs, acquires and develops brands including Umbro and Cutter & Buck.
Claesson has 18 years experience with promo wear company New Wave competitor Clipper International AB. He will be responsible for the group’s buying activities in China and he will be a member of the group’s executive board.
"We are very pleased with the recruitment of Magnus, who with his extensive experience and expertise will bring to New Wave Group valuable knowledge in many areas. He has everything needed to successfully streamline and improve procurement in China, which is our main purchasing country. In addition, Magnus has the leadership qualities needed and that also suits the group." said Torsten Jansson, president and CEO of New Wave Group.
Shares in Nike Inc fell nearly 6% in trading yesterday (17 March) after the sportswear giant's third quarter earnings missed expectations and it warned that rising oil, cotton and transport costs are ...
Sporting goods giant Nike Inc has promoted Roger Wyett, the head of its Hurley International unit, to president of its Nike Affiliates portfolio....
- Wearable technology a key trend for 2015
- Retailers react to India forced labour allegations
- Moisture management fabrics enter a new era
- Mexico urges fast-fashion brands to source locally
- COMMENT: Innovation is the name of the game
- Hazardous chemicals found in children's products
- VF rolls out plan to eliminate harmful chemicals
- October "a scary month" for US apparel retailers
- Raising the minimum wage may reduce employment
- UK Primark supplier goes into administration