SWEDEN: New Wave appoints China VP
Magnus Claesson has been appointed as VP China of New Wave Group, which designs, acquires and develops brands including Umbro and Cutter & Buck.
Claesson has 18 years experience with promo wear company New Wave competitor Clipper International AB. He will be responsible for the group’s buying activities in China and he will be a member of the group’s executive board.
"We are very pleased with the recruitment of Magnus, who with his extensive experience and expertise will bring to New Wave Group valuable knowledge in many areas. He has everything needed to successfully streamline and improve procurement in China, which is our main purchasing country. In addition, Magnus has the leadership qualities needed and that also suits the group." said Torsten Jansson, president and CEO of New Wave Group.
Shares in Nike Inc fell nearly 6% in trading yesterday (17 March) after the sportswear giant's third quarter earnings missed expectations and it warned that rising oil, cotton and transport costs are ...
Sporting goods giant Nike Inc has promoted Roger Wyett, the head of its Hurley International unit, to president of its Nike Affiliates portfolio....
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Water scarcity a challenge to cotton supply chains
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Gap audits reveal compliance issues in Myanmar
- Fitness fashion propels Athleta towards $1bn sales
- Adidas to use only Bluesign-approved chemicals
- Scientists hail first recycled cotton garment
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Weak traffic slows sales for Abercrombie & Fitch
- Accord and Alliance discord "a setback"
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report