SWEDEN: New Wave Comes Up With New Dressmart Deal
New Wave has made another attempt to take over troubled Swedish clothing site, Dressmart. The potential acquisition is estimated to cost between SKr7.5m and SKr10m ($751,500-$1m). New Wave would also take over part of Dressmart's debts, which are rumoured to amount to SKr40m ($4.3m).In return New Wave would get access to Dressmart's business trading system, an important foundation for its own still to be launched Internet trading scheme.Leading business daily, Dagens Industri, reported yesterday that New Wave has offered to buy more than 90 per cent of Dressmart's capital. New Wave managing director, Torsten Jansson, hopes to get an answer today (Thursday), but believes that the offer will be accepted.When the Swedish Internet clothing site, Dressmart got into difficulties this August, New Wave stepped forward as a potential buyer, but the deal was stymied by a minority of its shareholders.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Guess four-point plan to drive profit in Americas
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack