USA: New Women's Line From Quiksilver
Quiksilver, Inc (NYSE: ZQK) today announced the launch of a new contemporary women's line, 'Alex Goes'. The 30-piece line will be available for Spring 2001 delivery and will preview at the MAGIC tradeshow this August. Robert B McKnight, Jr, Quiksilver's chairman and chief executive officer said: "Building on Quiksilver's boardsport heritage, 'Alex Goes' combines fashion with an active lifestyle and creates basic pieces that carry their own distinct identity," McKnight continued. "This line will fill a niche in our marketplace, so that we will now be able to offer clothing for nearly every consumer demographic.""The 'Alex Goes' line is designed by Lissa Zwahlen, vice president of women's design for Quiksilver and Roxy design director for the past nine years. Zwahlen commented, "This line is created for the active woman who wants function built into fashion pieces. Alex Goes was designed as a 'kit-of-parts' that create a multi-purpose wardrobe for the girl on the go." Alex Goes is a contemporary line sized 2-12 and geared to the active woman age 25-40. The line will be sold into boutiques and resort stores as well as existing Quiksilver accounts. Quiksilver, Inc designs, produces and distributes clothing, accessories and related products for active-minded people and develops brands that represent a casual lifestyle - driven from a boardriding heritage. Quiksilver's authenticity is evident in its innovative products, events and retail environments across the globe. Quiksilver's primary focus is apparel for young men and young women under the Quiksilver, Quiksilver Roxy, Raisins and Radio Fiji labels. Quiksilver also manufactures apparel for boys (Quiksilver Boys), girls (Teenie Wahine and Raisins Girls), men (QS Silver Edition) and women (Leilani), as well as snowboards, snowboard boots and bindings under the Lib Technologies, Gnu and Bent Metal labels. Distribution is primarily in the US and Europe.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020