US: New York & Co narrows Q4 guidance
New York & Co operates around 514 stores
Specialty apparel chain New York & Co has narrowed its fourth-quarter earnings guidance but offered a positive outlook despite trading in what it says is a "challenging" retail environment.
The US retailer, which operates around 514 stores, said it expects fourth-quarter fiscal 2013 operating income to be in the range of US$5m to $6.5m. This is at the midpoint to higher end of its previous forecast of $3m to $7m, it said.
For the nine week period ended 4 January, comparable store sales edged up 1%. The company has narrowed its outlook for the 13 week period ended 1 February but did not give figures.
"In view of the challenging retail environment, we are pleased with our holiday performance which continued the momentum we experienced throughout the first three quarters of the year," said CEO Gregory Scott.
"Our ability to deliver positive comparable store sales, continued improvement in merchandise margins, and projected fourth quarter operating income well within our guidance is a strong validation of our six keys to success. We look forward to continuing our positive performance in 2014."
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- US cotton production set to decline
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details