UK: Next Reveals Surge In Profits And Sales
Leading clothing retailer Next Plc on Thursday posted a 22 per cent surge in annual pre-tax profits to £266 million ($378.5m) and an 18 per cent jump in sales to £1.87 billion, compared to the year-ago period.
The company, one of Britain#;s largest retailers, said those figures were at the top end of analysts#; estimates and added that like-for-like sales are up seven per cent for the first seven weeks of the new fiscal year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- World cotton price prospects lifted again