USA: NGC To Help 4whatitsworth Manage Global Operations
The software is being put into the company's Los Angeles headquarters, and will provide 4whatitsworth's sourcing department, production facilities throughout Asia and satellite offices in Hong Kong and Shanghai with immediate access to production data and the ability to complete steps in the production process in real time via the Internet.
Specifically, e-SPS will enable 4whatitsworth's executives to manage product development, distribute product specifications and receive real-time updates on the status of its apparel production.
"Our deployment of NGC's e-SPS is a critical step in the globalisation of our operations, a process that has enabled us to produce higher quality goods with an impeccable pattern of on-time deliveries at significantly lower cost," said Alden Halpern, president and chief executive officer of 4whatitsworth.
"The e-SPS sourcing solution, which works with our existing systems and is easy to use, will enable our executives to limit international travel and help our remote facilities worldwide to function as a single, seamless enterprise."
Companies: New Generation Computing
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Apparel and home goods company Blair has chosen software company New Generation Computing's web-based sourcing and production system e-SPS to help streamline its global sourcing and production of appa...
Wilsons The Leather Experts has selected New Generation Computing (NGC's) product lifecycle management technology e-PDM, Internet Product Development Manager, completing its end-to-end product lifecyc...
Retailer A|X Armani Exchange has selected New Generation Computing Inc's web-based PLM and production tracking system, e-SPS, to streamline and integrate product development and global sourcing....
Clothing producer Greco Apparel Inc has selected New Generation Computing Inc's enterprise-resource-planning system RedHorse to help it increase speed to market, reduce costs, manage by exception and ...
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar