TAIWAN: Nien Hsing Textile To Open Overseas Factories
Nien Hsing Textile Co, Ltd., a jeans and denim manufacturer listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange, is to establish factories in Central America and Africa with estimated total investment of US$135m over the next three years, the Chinese Economic News reported yesterday.Nien Hsing is the world's largest original equipment manufacturing (OEM) producer of jeans. Through merging its subsidiary Chih Hsing Garment Co, Ltd last month, Nien Hsing has increased its monthly production volume of jeans by 85 per cent to 230,000 dozen.Besides the increase in domestic production, Nien Hsing will also expand its overseas production by establishing additional factories over the next three years. The company will invest US$50m to set up two factories of casual garments and a factory to dye and finish fabric for making casual garments. The two casual garment factories will each have monthly production capacity of 90,000 dozen, with one to begin operation in February and the other in June next year. With operation scheduled for October 2001, the dyeing and finishing factory will have monthly processing capacity of three million yards.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- Ten retail trends to watch for in 2017
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- UK clothing factory workers paid half minimum wage
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022